If you want to understand what is going on in this area, it helps to read the input of all the players. A word of warning, though, about advocates on either side of this issue: fear is perhaps the best fund-raising tool known. When you read their fund-raising material, keep this in mind and you’ll understand the terms they use to paint those they perceive to be on “the other side.” But you might be pleasantly surprised that the following groups are not pursuing agendas that differ all that greatly, even though their rhetoric is often quite hostile!
- First Amendment Center – a major resource for common ground materials and news
- Public Education Network – resources to help public education provide a quality education for every student and engage the community in that endeavor.
Litigation and Advocacy Groups on Worldview Concerns
- The American Center for Law and Justice – an international public interest firm that focuses on pro-family, pro-life and pro-liberty issues
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State – A watchdog group that works “to protect the constitutional principle of church-state separation, a vital cornerstone of religious liberty.”
- The Christian Coalition a national network of attorneys, judges, law students, professors and lay people, with local attorney chapters and law-student chapters, that “helps lawyers to integrate their faith in Christ with their professional responsibilities.”
- Focus on the Family – a conservative religious site committed to pro-family and pro-life issues.
- GLSEN – Gay Lesbian and Straight Education Network
- Pacific Justice Institute – a public interest law firm assisting those in the battle for our religious freedoms, sanctity of life, parental rights and other civil liberties
- People for the American Way – conducts research and does legal and education work and monitors the ‘Religious Right’
- PFLAG – Parents Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- The Rutherford Institute – An international legal and educational organization dedicated to preserving human rights and defending civil liberties
- SEICUS – The Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S
- American Science Affiliation – Science from a Christian worldview
- ACSD – Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- AASA – American Association of School Administrators
- Christian Educators Association – a professional association for Christian educators
- Council on Islamic Education – providing services, resources and research-based tools predicated upon the highest standards of historical and social science scholarship on Islamic beliefs and practice
- Gateways to Better Education is dedicated to helping public school students and educators gain a better understanding of and appreciation for the value and contributions of Christianity to society and the world.
- NEA – National Education Association
- PTA – Parents and Teachers Association
- US Department of Education
Contact Your Government Officials on These Issues
Cultural and Religious Polling Data
- Barna Research Online – Polling data interpreted with a religious application
- Gallup Research – all kinds of national, religious and cultural statistics
- The Polling Report – An independent, nonpartisan resource on trends in American public opinion.
If you have other suggestions for this page, please email us